Do you often get the pfn damaged blue screen error list after updating Windows 10? The Windows 10 blue screen error message occurs when your computer encounters something it can’t handle, so it shuts down by displaying the error code to prevent damage. You may encounter different blue screen errors, here in this post we will look at solutions to fix corrupt shutdown code list pfn 0x0000004E in Windows 10.
What is pfn_list_corrupt in window 10?
The Windows 10 pfn_list_corrupt BSOD indicates that the tile number list (PFN) is corrupt. Before we go to the remedies, let’s understand this error code. The PFN list refers to the list of page frame numbers used by the hard drive to find the files stored on it.
In most cases, this blue screen error occurs after the installation of new hardware or software. Again, hard drive errors, memory corruption or corrupt system files are at the root of this Pfn blue screen corruption list.
How to fix corrupt nfp list in windows 10?
If you are experiencing this blue pfn_list_corrupt screen error on Windows 10, here are some of the best solutions that can solve the problem.
If you see an error message on the blue screen, we recommend that you turn off all external devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives or USB drives and restart the computer. This will solve the problem if it is caused by driver compatibility.
If this blue screen error causes Windows 10 to restart frequently, restart your PC in safe mode and apply the solutions below.
Removing the optional antivirus program
Two antivirus programs running simultaneously or a firewall installed on the computer can cause the PFN_List_Corrupt error because they are trying to access the same physical location on the hard drive at the same time. This is known to occur when third-party antivirus programs are used with Windows Defender. So consider disabling or removing one of them. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
Uninstall all recently installed applications
If the error occurs immediately after installing an application or a new driver, it is possible that the new program has corrupted the PFN list.
First, make sure you have administrator rights to make changes or delete a request.
- Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- The list of programs and functions opens and a list of all installed programs is displayed,
- Find and select a recently installed application, then press the Uninstall button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the application and restart the PC as usual
- Check that there are no more BOSD errors if the problem is solved.
Install the latest version of Windows
It is very important that your operating system is up to date, as these updates are made specifically for such problems. Look for updates to Windows and their drivers. An update can work well, it fixes many errors. In this way, you have a good chance of getting rid of the blue screen error PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings,
- Click on Refresh and Security, then click on Refresh Window
- Click Check for Updates and install any updates found.
- Then restart the computer to apply them and see if they help fix the blue screen error.
Check the hard drive for errors and bad sectors.
If the problem persists even after all the above attempts, it may be caused by a defective hard drive, with the wrong sectors probably responsible. To determine if your hard drive is damaged, you should scan it.
- Open a command prompt as an administrator,
- In the command prompt window, type chkdsk c: /f /r and press Enter.
Tip: CHKDSK stands for Check Disk, C: is the letter of the disk you want to check, /F stands for Disk Error Correction, and /R stands for recovering information from bad sectors.
If the question “Do you want to schedule a scan for this volume on the next boot? (Y/N)”. Answer yes to this question by pressing the Y key on your keyboard and then the Enter key. Restart your computer.
Error: The file name is not specified. “alt=”Check disk for window 10 errors” width=”1057″ height=”569″ data-ezsrc=”https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/check-disk-for-errors-windows-10.jpg” data-ez=” />
After rebooting, the disk check should begin. Wait until Windows has checked the disk for errors.
Updating the aircraft driver
As mentioned earlier, the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD error can probably be caused by the corresponding driver software. This problem can probably be solved by updating the driver software to the latest version.
- Press Windows + X on the keyboard and select Device Manager,
- A list of all installed device drivers is displayed,
- Here you can update, reinstall any driver, e.g. the display driver
- Expand the display driver from the list,
- Right-click on the installed graphics driver and select Properties.
- You will be given the options “Driver details”, “Update driver”, “Remove driver” and “Delete”.
- Try updating the drivers or uninstalling the driver.
- Download and install the latest updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Tip: You can also purchase an automatic driver update utility, which allows you to analyze and update outdated drivers.
Error: The file name is not specified. “alt=”Rollback Display Driver” width=”705″ height=”552″ data-ezsrc=”https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Rollback-Display-driver.jpg” />.
Memory (RAM) Audit Damage
If none of these methods help you, you can try to find the memory problem. Because damaged RAM can cause this blue screen problem. To determine whether or not this is the case, you must first test the RAM. You can do this by running the memory diagnostic program.
- Find and select Memory Diagnostic Tool from the Start menu, and the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool screen will open,
- Select Restart now and check for problems (recommended).
- This will reboot your Windows and check for memory errors.
- Wait for the window to restart.
- If this blue screen PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is related to a memory problem, the error will not occur again after a restart.
Error: The file name is not specified. ” alt=”Memory Diagnostic Tool” width=”412″ height=”329″ data-ezsrc=”https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Memory-Diagnostic-Tool-.jpg” />.
Run the utility to check the system files
If something is wrong with your system files, you may encounter this problem. Therefore, we recommend that you repair damaged system files by running the sfc check command now.
- Open a command prompt as an administrator,
- Type the command sfc /scannow and press the Enter key on your keyboard,
- When damaged system files are detected, the SFC utility automatically restores them to their proper form.
- Allows you to complete the operation at 100% and restart the PC.
- If damaged system files are the cause of this blue screen error, no error will occur after this step.
Error: The file name is not specified. ” alt=”Windows 10 System File Checker” width=”778″ height=”365″ data-ezsrc=”https://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/system-file-checker-utility-Windows-10.jpg” data-ez=” />
Pro-tip: If the system file check finds errors but cannot correct them, run the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
Disabling Microsoft OneDrive
OneDrive has been part of the Windows Essentials suite for years, but with the growing popularity of cloud storage, it has become the default application for Windows 10. But unfortunately, several users have reported that OneDrive can also cause the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error. To solve this problem, you need to disable OneDrive, and you can do that by following the following steps:
- Press Windows + R, type regedit and click OK.
- This will open the Windows registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindows
- Expand the Windows key here and look for the OneDrive key.
If the key does not exist on the disk, create an appropriate key. Right-click the Windows key and choose New > Key. Enter OneDrive as the key name.
- Select the OneDrive button.
- Right-click in the right pane and select New > DWORD Value (32-bit).
- Enter DisableFileSyncNGSC as the new name of DWORD.
- Double-click DisableFileSyncNGSC and change the value to 1.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Repairing a damaged Windows registry
Corrupt logs can cause many problems, including corruption of nfp’s BSOD list on your PC. It can also slow down the performance of your PC. Therefore, it is always a good idea to remove or repair corrupt or missing logs.
By scanning the registry and removing the invalid entries associated with the PFN_List_Corrupt error, you can fix it. Find free tools like Ccleaner to repair corrupted registries and optimize system performance.
If you still encounter the pfn list corrupt windows 10 Blue Screen Error, try restoring your system to a specific restore point if the system is working properly.
The video explains how to fix the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error in Windows 10.
Did these solutions fix the blue screen error pfn_list_corrupt in window 10? Let us know which one works for you, also read :
Frequently asked questions
How do I repair a damaged PFN in Windows 10?
11 Windows 10 Recovery Solutions List of damaged PFN shutdown codes
What does a list of “corrupt” NFPs mean?
The blue PFN_LIST_CORRUPT death screen is caused when the tile number (PFN) in the list is corrupt. BSODs occur when your computer encounters something it can’t handle – PFN corruption is one of those things, but fortunately it is very recoverable.
How do I fix the blue screen error in Windows 10?
How to find and correct errors in the Windows 10 blue screen …
pfn list corrupt windows 10 fix, pfn list corrupt windows 10 2020, pfn list corrupt windows 10 reddit, pfn list corrupt windows 7 fix, windows 10 upgrade error pfn list corrupt, pfn list corrupt windows 10 install, pfn list corrupt windows 10 2019, pfn list corrupt overclock